I have been a Breathworks Teacher, Senior Trainer and Associate for more than ten years, covering a range of programmes from Mindfulness for Health and Stress courses through to courses for health care professionals. I have been involved in developing specialist programmes for Breathworks and leading programmes commissioned for schools, unemployed people and university staff. I have presented at conferences including the British Pain Society, Cancer Care and CFS/ME conferences. I was part of the team which designed and developed the UK Mindfulness Teacher Guidelines. In my own practice I now primarily work one to one with clients, specialising in working in Mental Health settings. I recently successfully completed a 5 year research study into the use of a nature based mindfulness programme for people with chronic illnesses.
- BSc (Hons) Integrated Therapy
- Diploma in Sports Psychology
- MSc Management
- PG Cert Ecotherapy
- Research Fellow at the University of Cumbria, focusing on nature based mindfulness programmes.
- I've taught the full range of Breathworks programmes.
- I've also worked with Integrated Mindfulness and Mindful Resilience Enhancement
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (UEA Medical School)
- Certificate in Developing Excellence (Nottingham Business School)
- UK delegate Adventure Therapy International Committee and past Chair of the IOL Outdoor Therapy Group
- I am a member of Mountain Rescue team in the Lake District, training and supervising casualty care specialists. I hold Pre-Hospital Trauma Care qualifications and am also a Trauma Risk Management (TRiM) adviser for Mountain Rescue.
- I am a Governor of an NHS Foundation Trust
- I am a keen orienteer and mountaineer, also enjoying kayaking and mountain biking
- I am an ordained member of the Triratna Buddhist Order, practicing regularly with others in my tradition, and teaching meditation and Dharma at urban centres and on residential retreats.
I have daily meditation and movement practices which I use as part of the management of my own health. Much of my focus is on nature based practices including Shinrin-Yoku (the Japanese art of Forest Bathing). I have been a martial artist for more than 40 years and this forms part of my mindful movement practice.
To request Steve Johnson as your supervisor please click on the button below.